Out of School Hours Care
The Heights OSHC and Vacation Care
Out of School Hours Care (OSHC)
Out of School Hours Care is available at The Heights School. If you require this service please contact the OSHC service directly.
PRESCHOOL OSHC SERVICE
This service is run by the OSHC staff in The Heights Preschool facility. Preschool children interact with Junior Primary children for some Preschool OSHC activities, including the use of the Gym, the Junior Primary Playground and the Oval spaces.
Before-school Care: By negotiation with OSHC Director
After-school Care: Monday 2.30pm-5.30pm, Tuesday – Friday 3.05pm – 5.30pm
Early Finishes: The service will begin from the schools published closure time – 5.30pm
Pupil Free Days: 9.00am-5.30pm *when operating
School Closure Day: Not available
Vacation Care: 9.00am-5.30pm two days per week only: Wednesday & Thursday unless otherwise advised.
PRIMARY YEARS OSHC SERVICE
Before-school Care: 7.00am -8.45am
After-school Care: Monday 2.30pm-6.00pm, Tuesday – Friday 3.05pm -6.00pm
Early Finishes: The service will begin from the schools published closure time – 6.00pm
Pupil Free Days: 7.00am-6.00pm *when operating
School Closure Day: 7.00am-6.00pm
Vacation care: 7.00am-6.00pm
PUPIL FREE DAYS OSHC SERVICE
The Heights School has 4 Pupil Free Days (PFDs) annually for staff professional learning. OSHC will run a service for families on the second, third and fourth of these days. On the first of the days OSHC will be closed in order to run professional learning with OSHC staff. Please refer to the school’s published dates on the parent calendar accessed via the website..
If you are seeking to use the OSHC service for a student in Year 7, please contact the OSHC service directly.
We are a successfully accredited, quality assured service.
Summer Vacation Care 2023-24 is here! Check out our jam-packed program full of exciting, themed days, incursions and excursions for the upcoming holidays!
Come and visit us, or if you would like further information, please contact the Director Stephen Calio
Telephone: 8242 8940
Our focus is to provide an inclusive program which gives children the opportunity to learn through play and leisure in a warm, safe, nurturing and caring environment.
The Heights School OSHC believes…
All children have the opportunity for the best start in life to create a better future for themselves and for the nation.
- Providing an environment where children feel safe and secure to express themselves and interact with others
- Providing a wide variety of relaxing, stimulating and enjoyable activities for children based on their needs and interests
- Offering encouragement and support to parents, caregivers and families
- Establishing and maintaining effective team partnerships with staff, parents, children, advisory committee members, school staff, and the wider community
- Develop problem solving, negotiation and self help skills
- Be inclusive and respectful of diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviour and accept responsibility for their behaviour
- Develop skills of co-operation and sharing
- Act in a safe way
- Encourage and assist children in developing a strong sense of identity and awareness of others
- Observing, planning and programming to cater for each child
- Offering a program which provides opportunities for children to explore their environment
- Providing children with an environment that challenges and stimulates them and allows them to use problem solving skills, investigation and experimentation and;
- Allowing children to evaluate, program and plan activities
7:00am to 8:45am